We welcome proposals for the EDC Showcase. The EDC showcase is an opportunity for colleagues to share an idea, their work, a project, or start a discussion, using a range of formats. These could include, but are not restricted to:
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
EDC Showcase items may be work you have already done with or for your institution/department, or they may be newly created items to highlight an idea, question, or resource you have created to share with our community.
Submitting an item for the EDC Showcase will also involve being present to interact synchronously (in real time) with conference attendees during scheduled portions of the conference (currently 2-3pm EST on February 19, 20, and 21). An online platform will be provided to engage with participants and answer questions.
EDC Showcase items will be reviewed for clarity and compatibility with our online conference platform. Technical support will be provided to help upload and manage your showcase item.
Presenters will be required to have their EDC Showcase item licensed under Creative Commons by the start of the conference, so the items can be shared and saved after the conference has concluded. For more information about licence options and how to choose a licence that is right for you and your work, please see https://creativecommons.org/.
Submission Form Requirements
- Presenter information: Name, Position/Role, Institution, Email
- Additional Presenters: Name(s) and Role(s) – who else helped to create or author this showcase item?
- Session Title
- Showcase Item Description (400 words): Include when this item was created, the rationale for its creation, how it is currently being used, and any associated learning goals/intended outcomes associated with the item’s current use.
- Showcase Item Abstract (150 words): This description will appear alongside your item on our online conference platform.
- Format: What (file) format is your showcase item? (e.g. mp4, PDF, URL, etc)
- Online/Virtual Engagement (100 words): How will participants access and engage with your showcase item in an online setting? For example, is your item a video they can watch or a document they will be invited to read?
- Link to Showcase Item: Include a link and/or instructions to access your showcase item for viewing by the conference committee
- References: Provide up to 3 references, following APA referencing and formatting standards
To submit a Concurrent Session proposal, please complete the following form:
Deadline: November 30, 2018